Real-scale high quality 3D hologram is enabled to play in any devices including AR glasses and 4G devices
– Achieving high quality/compression by significantly renewing original 3D hologram codec –
- October 13th, 2020
- Realize Mobile Communications Corp.
For streaming and playback, Realize Mobile and 8i support the adaptive streaming compatible with MPEG-DASH. This allows users to instantly view holograms without having to endure long loading times. Furthermore, they also support Google’s WebXR to enable richer AR experience through Chrome on Android to directly play 3D hologram without downloading any mobile applications. Lastly, Realize Mobile is also planning on launching the world’s first cloud xR service optimized for 3D holograms. In addition to highly compressed 3D hologram of multiple performers, this should enable any rich content with various effects can be smoothly played on any device. It is considered to be used for various purposes including hologram AR live-streaming of a large number of performers.
Realize Mobile and 8i continue to drive initiatives forward to realize next-generation communication and brand new entertainment by simplifying to play realistic life-size hologram on variety of devices including limited spec devices, such as AR glasses.
■List of additional features
– services will be provided sequentially from December 2020
- Reduction of bit rate by introducing the new CODEC
- Increased quality by introducing machine learning
- Quality improvement in details by utilizing lenses with multiple focal lengths
- Adaptive streaming compatible with MPEG-DASH
- Support for WebXR provided by google
- Cloud XR services optimized for 3D hologram distribution
|Realize Mobile Communications (Japan)
Atsushi Katsumoto, Moe Nanami